Last Update: February 25, 2017
- Prelimenary details about the three charters the Foundation is planning for this year have been added to the Upcoming Events section of our site.
- The photo gallery has been updated.
- A couple of highlights from the February 11th board meeting:
Book Publishing. The Foundation has been approached to assist with publishing a book on the history of trolley coaches in Canada. Discussions are under way between the Foundation, the author and a printer. More details to follow!
- Partnership Agreement. We're pursuing partnership agreements with other heritage and museum organizations across Canada as part of our strategic plan to foster coordination, information-sharing and general communications between the various groups.
- Canada 150. We're progressing with a promotion campaign to salute public transit's contribution to the growth and prosperity of Canada over the past 150 years. This is being done together with CUTA and with the generous help of IBI Group. More details to be announced soon!
- Ontario Transit Expo. In cooperation with OTE organizers and several groups we are working towards having a display of historic vehicles at the trade show on Tuesday April 11th. Watch for more details!
- UITP/CUTA World Congress in Montreal in May. We're planning on a presence at the trade show on Tuesday, May 16th. Local CTHF members are invited to participate. Send us an email at Secretary@transitheritage.ca if you're interested and available.
- GO Transit 50th Anniversary. GO Transit is planning celebrations in May to mark their 50th Anniversary. CTHF is supporting this celebration and plans to participate.
- Next Board Meeting - April 22nd.
- Soon to be released, our Bulletin editor David Onodera is currently working on his publication The New Look Bus in Canada: A Photographic History. Those familiar with the Bulletin newsletter mailed out by the Foundation, expect to see great material from David. This book will be definitely something worth adding to a book collection. For more information please follow this link. Also check back to see when the books will be available for order.
- Also to be released in June; the 2017 version of our popular Street Side Guide, is currently in the works.
Photo of the week
To coincide with the announcement of the addition of three CTHF charters planned for this year, I have decided to share this photo of this 1990 Motor Coach Industries TC40102N, this model type is what the Foundation is intending to charter on September 16. For more information please keep checking the Upcoming Events section. The photo of of Saint John Transit 52033 was taken in 2006 in front of their old garage facility which is no longer stands.
If you have any questions, comments or submissions for photo of the month please feel free to contact us.