Last Update: April 15, 2017
- Prelimenary details about the three charters the Foundation is planning for this year have been added to the Upcoming Events section of our site.
- The photo gallery has been updated.
- A couple of highlights from the February 11th board meeting:
Book Publishing. The Foundation has been approached to assist with publishing a book on the history of trolley coaches in Canada. Discussions are under way between the Foundation, the author and a printer. More details to follow!
- Partnership Agreement. We're pursuing partnership agreements with other heritage and museum organizations across Canada as part of our strategic plan to foster coordination, information-sharing and general communications between the various groups.
- Canada 150. We're progressing with a promotion campaign to salute public transit's contribution to the growth and prosperity of Canada over the past 150 years. This is being done together with CUTA and with the generous help of IBI Group. More details to be announced soon!
- Ontario Transit Expo. In cooperation with OTE organizers and several groups we are working towards having a display of historic vehicles at the trade show on Tuesday April 11th. Watch for more details!
- UITP/CUTA World Congress in Montreal in May. We're planning on a presence at the trade show on Tuesday, May 16th. Local CTHF members are invited to participate. Send us an email at Secretary@transitheritage.ca if you're interested and available.
- GO Transit 50th Anniversary. GO Transit is planning celebrations in May to mark their 50th Anniversary. CTHF is supporting this celebration and plans to participate.
- Next Board Meeting - April 22nd.
- Soon to be released, our Bulletin editor David Onodera is currently working on his publication The New Look Bus in Canada: A Photographic History. Those familiar with the Bulletin newsletter mailed out by the Foundation, expect to see great material from David. This book will be definitely something worth adding to a book collection. For more information please follow this link. Also check back to see when the books will be available for order.
- Coming soon!! The 10th edition of the CTHF's Street Side Guide is due to be released in June. Check the Street Side Guide section of our site for a bigger view of this years cover.
Photo of the week
As part of its Canada 150 initiative, the Canadian Transit Heritage Foundation organized an exhibit of historic buses at the Ontario Transportation Expo in Toronto this month. A 1948 Flxible Clipper and a 1967 GM New Look were provided by Hammond Transportation and Manuel Cappel respectively, and quickly became the stars of the show. The GM Transit bus was originally from Calgary Transit and recently brought to Ontario. The highway coach was owned by a high school band in North Carolina and brought to Ontario in the mid-1990s.
If you have any questions, comments or submissions for photo of the month please feel free to contact us.