The 2022 Street Side Guide to Urban Transit Fleets in Canada is the twelfth edition of this popular guide to Canadian transit fleets, published since the first edition was produced in 1993. Updated versions were also produced in 1995, 1998, 2000, 2002/04, 2009, 2011, 2013, 2015, 2017 and 2019.
The Guide’s 206 pages have detailed vehicle fleet listings for the vast majority of Canada’s urban bus and rail transit systems from coast to coast. Data includes quantity, vehicle manufacturer, model, built date, date acquired, seating capacity and system fleet numbers. Also recorded is fleet average age and a summary by vehicle type for each transit system.
The 2022 Street Side Guide also includes:
- a 30-page colour photo section
- a summary of the transit vehicle scene as of January 1, 2022
- buses operating by province by year of manufacture
- current bus fleet trends
- detailed information on the vehicle manufacturers
- lists of preserved Canadian transit vehicles in Canada and the U.S.
Fleet information covers bus, trolley coach, light rail, heavy rail and commuter rail.